Our Tuxedo Tornadoes compete in the Orange County Interscholastic Athletic Association. We believe that participation on an athletic team builds self-confidence, develops leadership skills, and encourages sportsmanship and teamwork. Tuxedo proudly supports a number of interscholastic sports teams at the modified, junior varsity, and varsity levels.
Our current sports teams for the 2021-22 school year include:
The Tuxedo Athletic Safety Plan is based on the following:
State and Local Regulations and Guidance for Sports & High Risk Sports:
New York State Education Department
Orange County Department of Health
New York State Public High School Athletic Association(NYSPHSAA)
Section IX and the Orange County Interscholastic Athletic Association
Consultation with neighboring Districts on athletic safety protocols & student outcomes
Input from parents/guardians and student athletes
Section IX Fall 2021 Guidelines
The Section IX Protocol Committee has developed a set of guidelines for the Fall 2021 season. These guidelines are subject to change based on any future mandates from the Governor, the State Department of Health, the local County Departments of Health, the State Education Department or the NYSPHSAA.
The guidelines are as follows:
1. Section IX will conduct the fall 2021 season in all sports.
2. Indoor sports of Volleyball and Girls Swimming (except when in the water) are required to wear masks. This includes players, coaches, site personnel and officials. Game Day Cheerleading will follow the guidelines based on whether a competition is held indoors or outdoors.
3. Indoor sports will allow spectators. Spectators will be required to wear masks.
4. Outdoor sports will not require masks for players, coaches, site personnel and officials.
5. Outdoor sports will allow spectators with no mask requirements.
6. Section IX reminds all schools to follow social distancing and all other mitigating protocols to keep all participants as safe as possible.
Important Athletics Documents:
OCIAA Sport Schedules--> CLICK HERE