Election of Board Members
Board of Education Member Election - May 19, 2020
Candidates run "at large" and not for a specific seat.
One (1) candidate will be elected to a three-year term (2020-2023) commencing on July 1, 2020 to fill expiring terms of board member:
Running for the Board of Education
Petitions for nominating candidates for the office of member of board of education must be filed with the District Clerk by April 20, 2020. Nominating petitions must be signed by a minimum of 25 qualified voters of the district, shall state the name and residence of each signer and the name and residence address of the candidate.
All candidates for election to a board of education are required to file a sworn statement with the district clerk disclosing their campaign expenses.
Please see the "links section" at the bottom of this page for forms and additional information.
Board Candidate Eligibility Requirements
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be able to read and write
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a qualified voter of the district
- Be a resident of the school district for at least one year prior to the election
- NOT be an employee of the school district
- NOT hold office if a member of his/her family is a member of the Board
- NOT simultaneously hold another incompatible office
- NOT have been removed from a school district office within one year of election
Requirements for all Newly Elected Board of Education Members
Once elected, you will be required by New York State law to fulfill mandatory training within your first year of service. This includes Fiscal Oversight training and Governance Skills training.